Join us on Saturday January 11, 2014 for Northampton’s first Worst Day of the Year Run
Register now as the first 500 registrants receive a free 100% cotton Waddles-the-Penguin t-shirt.
The event is limited to 5,000 participants. Advance registration is encouraged.
REGISTER EARLY AND SAVE
$25* – Advance Online (ends at 11:55pm on the Thursday before the event [Jan.9])
$30 – Day of the event
$10* – Children 10 and under.
FREE for children being pushed in a stroller. * There is a $1.50 processing fee added to each online transaction.
Bring more than 10 people in your posse and you’re eligible for a group discount. Please contact Tonya@GoodSportPromotion.com for more information.
Gear up and get out with thousands of fun-loving people on this costumed winter run. Laugh at the elements and gather for a delicious finish line party featuring great food and beverages. Enjoy hot cider, cocoa and coffee service from Esselon Cafe, homemade soups from River Valley Market, fresh baked sourdough bread from Bread Euphoria and home-baked cookies from Daryl Walsh…yum, yum, yummy!
Come in costume and get a free beer or a deluxe hot chocolate!
Worst Day of the Year Run treks through the 150-acre Look Park, located in Northampton, Massachusetts. The course is flat and will be plowed and salted for optimal traction. There is plenty of free parking within the park and the finish line party is indoors.
SCHEDULE – DAY OF EVENT
We release runners in waves to help better manage the flow of athletes on the course.
8:30am- Registration opens
10:00am- Start of both the 2k and 5k run. Lunch will be served at the finish line.
12:00pm- 2k and 5k courses are closed
2:00pm- End of event
PLEASE NOTE: Please adhere to this schedule. If you veer off course or are otherwise delayed, you may miss lunch and the party, and will waive on-course support
The Worst Day of the Year Run is an all-inclusive event. Once you register, you’ll be treated to all of this (and more):
- Fresh coffee, cocoa, and cider
- Leis for participants. Grass skirts encouraged!
- Steaming bowl of vegetarian chili or chicken noodle soup, savory rolls, and delicious homemade cookies at the finish line
- Clearly marked, safe course
- A huge team of friendly, support volunteers to help out on course and at the start/finish
- Finisher’s medal
- Chip timing for immediate and accurate results
WHAT TO BRING
- All your friends. The Worst Day of the Year Run is way more fun when friends and family are with you.
- Camera. Take a share photos through our Flickr group.
- A costume! (costumed participants will receive a free beer)
- Sunscreen… maybe zinc oxide for your nose
SAFETY IS OUR PRIORITY
- Run respectfully and share the road or path.
- You are responsible for your own safety - be alert.
- Leave ample room between you and other runners.
- Run on the right side and allow faster runners room to pass on the left.
- Alert runners if you intend to pass – “ON YOUR LEFT.”
100% of the money raised by the Worst Day of the Year Run Northampton go to these beneficiaries:
- Pioneer Valley Habitat for Humanity
- Pierre Family
Find out more about the beneficiaries>>